Now its time for the more complicated, but fun task. I am still using Apple's movie trailer website to find all the upcoming movies I want to see. Now, there are a few more web services to bring it all together.
This may seem tedious up front, but once it's done, the everything will happen automatically when you star items in Google Reader.
Things you will need:
- Instapaper account. http://www.instapaper.com/
- Google Reader account. http://goo.gl/vpdjz
- ifttt account. (If This, Then That) http://ifttt.com/
- RSS Feed of movie trailers. I use THIS feed.
Here are the steps:
- Log into your Instapaper account. Setup your Kindle to receive Unread items from Instapaper. YouTube user mlgsca gives a great demo. See instructions on how to do this HERE.
- Find the movie trailer site you like. I use iTunes @ http://trailers.apple.com
- Log into your Google Reader account.
- Log into ifftt account and create a trigger to send all starred items from Google Reader to Instapaper. Or you can grab my recipe HERE.
- Add and subscribe to the rss feed you found from your favorite movie website. (Not all movie websites will have rss feeds)
- Begin to star movies you like. All of these items will appear in the Unread section on Instapaper.
- Go to your Kindle Fire and check the carousel or the Docs section for your list of upcoming movies you want to see.
- Optional Step. If you would like to have your movie list show up in the books section and not the Docs section, go to your Instapaper account. On the right hand side of the screen, click on Kindle in the Download section. A .mobi file will be available to you. Upload this file to Kindle using any of the methods below.
Send .mobi file via Send to Kindle App. See post on this HERE.
Send .mobi file by uploading directly to your Kindle via usb cable.
Send .mobi file by uploading to Amazon.com in Manage Kindle page.
Until next time, Manage Your Digital World.