If you like watching movie trailers like I do, then this how-to maybe for you. I use Apple's movie trailer website to find all the upcoming movies I may want to watch later on demand at home. In the past, I would copy and paste each title into a text document, then save the document for later reference. Now, thanks to some very smart programmers somewhere in the world, this task has become automated. I have two solutions, one simple, one complicated and maybe unnecessary, but still fun to create.
My first solution has 2 steps and requires one web service to bring it all together. There are many ways to do this, this is just one way I found useful for me. Hopefully you can use it as well. To make this work you will need an Instapaper account, and of course a Kindle Fire.
Here are the steps:
- Log into your Instapaper account.
- Add the Read It Later button to your favorite web browser website.
- Find the movie trailer site you like and select the movies you want. I use iTunes @ http://trailers.apple.com
- Go back to Instapaper, click on account, then Manage My Kindle Settings. Follow all the instructions.
- Your Unread movie list will appear on your Kindle Fire in the carousel and in the Docs section.
In the next post, I will go into the more complicated way to do this task and explain the manual way to download a .mobi file for Kindle from Instapaper. And while you are tinkering with Instapaper settings, donate a few bucks to this great service.
Until next time, Manage Your Digital World.